Some of the more observant of you may have noticed that sometimes I refer to my ‘bucket list’. This was put together for me by my wonderful friend Kiri before I left the UK, and is a list of stuff I have to do whilst in Singapore.
The deal is that I have to get a photo of the thing on the list, preferably with my face in there somewhere! This is not a comprehensive list of things to do in Singapore, and she’s actually deliberately left off some of the more touristy stuff.
Where I’ve done things and remembered to take a photo, I’ll put a link to the appropriate blog post.
Here’s the list:
1. Little India – been here tons but not done the walking tour yet
2. Malay culture (aka Kampong Glam) – usually come here in the evening as it’s great for eating and drinking
3. Peranakan Trail
4. Chinatown – been here tons but not done the walking tour yet
5. Bukit Timah
6. Fort Canning – we came on our look-see but need to go back
7. Civic District - been here tons but not done the walking tour yet
8. River Cruise – DONE
9. Merlion – DONE
10. National Museum of Singapore – been but no photos… will go back!
11. St Andrew’s Cathedral
12. Singapore City Hall
13. Botanic Gardens – DONE
14. Artwork at the Ritz Carlton
15. Singapore Flyer – DONE
16. The White Rabbit, Dempsey – DONE, we went for our 1 year anniversary dinner. Will blog it soon!
17. Pulau Ubin – DONE
18. Go to a songbird competition
17. Learn how to play mah jong
18. Take a Malay or Peranakan cooking class
19. Learn how to Lion Dance – I’ve SEEN a Lion Dance … does that count? It was in Vietnam
20. Watch a Singapore-league football game
21. Learn how to Dragon boat
22. Visit the Tiger Beer brewery
23. Watch a Chinese Tea Ceremony
24. Sentosa – DONE – we went to Universal Studios on my birthday!
Rooms with a view
25. Mount Faber
26. Carlsberg Sky Tower
27. HSBC Tree Top walk @ MacRitchie – DONE – we did this when Will’s sister came to visit
28. New Asia Bar – went here when my friend Liz came to visit
29. The Straits Bar
30. Axis Bar
31. Thaipusam – DONE
32. Chinese New Year – DONE
33. Mosaic Music festival
34. Singapore International Film festival
35. Dragon Boat Races
36. Vesak Day
37. Singapore Arts festival
38. Beerfest Asia – DONE
39. Singapore Street festival
40. Singapore Food festival
41. National Day Parade
42. Hungry Ghosts festival
43. Singapore Grand Prix – DONE, we went with Tommy.
(I’ve actually tried a lot of this but neglected to take photos … I will go on special missions!)
47. Carrot cake
50. Nasi Lemak – eaten this loads, all over Indonesia as well
51. Roti Prata – DONE – tried this as part of my Eat for a Cause lunch - will try and get photos next time
52. Teh Tarik - DONE – tried this as part of my Eat for a Cause lunch - ditto!
53. Bak Kwa
54. Char Kway Teow – eaten this loads but its usually gone by the time I remember I need to take a photo…
55. Bak Kut Teh - DONE – tried this as part of my Eat for a Cause lunch
56. Satay – DONE – have photos and everything, just need to blog…
57. Rojak Salad – DONE – I learnt to make my own
58. Chilli Crab – DONE
59. Chicken Rice – tried this, just need to blog about it!
60. Fish Head Curry
61. Serangoon Gardens Food Centre
62. Maxwell Road hawker centre – been here, just need to write about it!
What things have you all done? Is there anything missing that you’d like to try? I’m also always keen to have companions as I tick things off